Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread

This is my son's favorite. Luckily it's one of those quick and easy recipes I don't mind making. (On second thought, I should let him make it next time...but I digress).

Anyway, I've tried it as muffins, but I prefer it as bread. I think it stays more moist that way. It practically melts in your mouth and is way better than anything I've tasted from a bakery.

Lemon Poppy Seed Bread

4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 small package instant lemon pudding
1 package lemon cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup poppy seeds

Mix all together. Beat 4 minutes at medium speed. Bake at 350 for 45 mins. 2 loaves.

I personally make some changes to the above. I don't put eggs or oil in it. I just don't like all that ucky in my baking. (I get so squicked out at vegetable oil...shudder).

So, since I've made enough quick breads, I know the batter consistency I want. I just pour the dry lemon pudding and cake mixes together, sprinkle in some lemon poppy seeds, and add enough water so the batter is the consistency I want. I also add more poppy seeds as I'm stirring.

I butter the bread pans so they don't stick...just in case.

If you have any quick and easy recipes you want me to post on the Lazy Chef Recipes' blog, just drop me an email with the recipe and the url to your blog or website so I can give you credit. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment