Saturday, April 9, 2011

Refried Bean Dip, aka Mexican Glop

My son and I call this Mexican Glop, but I guess that doesn't sound all that appetizing, so for you, I'm calling it Refried Bean Dip. :)


I know this may sound strange, but we actually just eat this by itself, sans the chips. I know it makes a great bean dip because I've had tortilla chips with it. I also think it'd make a great filling in a tortilla! Yum!

Refried Bean Dip

2 cans refried beans
half a jar of salsa
cheese
black olives

Of course, you can garnish it any way you'd like.

I glop it all into a baking dish, put it in a 350 oven, and bake until the beans are heated through. After about 15 or so minutes, I take it out of the oven and stir it up with a spoon. The refried beans are kinda hard to stir when they're fresh out of the can. Sometimes I even add more cheese to it.

Yum! In fact, we're having some today. :)

Linking up to these delicious link parties: WM Craft Goodies, and


Beyond The Picket FenceChic on a Shoestring Decorating
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. ooh...Yummy! I think I need some! I have all the stuff it! Thank you for the yummy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum-o, i love refried beans, looks great. thanks for partying at Type A!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, I love warm dips. This looks great to have some margaritas! :) Thanks for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm, we LOVE bean dip. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
    I am going to make it today!!:)
    Oh, and I am a new follower, too. Come by to see me when you have time. I am a Texas blogging great-grandmother. :)
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks super to me!! Glop or not! Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friday.

    Oh, and if you haven’t done so already - don’t forget to pop on over to Little Brick Ranch to enter the GIVEAWAY!!! I’ll give you a hint...Homes, Food, and all things Frugal!!

    **Bloggy Tip of The Day - Make sure you have an email address associated with your profile to make it easier for people to reply to your comments!! :) **

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm. We love "glop" over here at the estate...

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you back again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never even occurred to me to add salsa to my refried beans (which I LOVE)...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete